Wednesday 1 August 2012

Review: Dark Awakening


Dark Awakening [Cursed in Darkness #3]
By Natalie Hancock

Cursed in Darkness Series:
Eternal Darkness #1 - See my review
Dark Shadows #2 - See my review
Dark Awakening #3

From Goodreads:
In the hundred acres of land, more security and more people are watching Layla’s back now that everyone knows who she is. Layla wants to find the person responsible for the attacks made at her, just like everyone else, but when an attack happens to someone other than her, she and Nikalye are the only ones who know the truth. They are determined to find the culprit once and for all, before someone else is seriously injured.

Layla wishes she could tell Shade everything. He knows something is not right more than he can make her gasp with pleasure by just saying her name, but she cannot tell him—she will not risk putting him in danger any more than she has. She continuously fights for survival to keep herself and those around her alive, but when more things sinister arrive in the hundred acres of land and the culprit is revealed, the situation turns from bad to deadly.

Will Layla be able to survive?

Buy on: Amazon


Oh my soul!! Dark Awakening is by far (for me personally) the best book in the series! I have no words, totally dumbstruck. Just when you think you have it all figured out, Natalie throws this major curve ball – like ‘in your face’. Brilliant writing and a brilliant story line.


Layla is ah-mazing. She’s strong willed and stays true to herself and those around her. She is exactly the type of person you want on your side when shit hits the fan, if you’re in her bad books – dude, you are SO going down. I absolutely love Layla’s attitude… she is one tough cookie – piercings and a to-die-for wardrobe… friggin’ hardcore!

As you know I always mention the hotness monster in a book, and if you have a look at my reviews of Eternal Darkness and Dark Shadows you’ll know exactly how I feel about Shade, also known as Shadaux. Talk about dark, mysterious, sexy and dangerous – that’s Shade. He is in total control, irresistible and untouchable.

Shade and Layla’s relationship is hot, steamy and sexy to the max. Whenever they are near each other they can’t keep their hands to themselves. It’s exciting and electrifying!

“An hour—better hurry, I will be hungry when I hunt you down.”
I heard him laugh before he was gone.

I've decided to change Natalie's title that I gave her in my review of Dark Shadows. She's not the 'Queen of Cliffhangers', no no no, she is now the Queen BEE of Cliffhangers... because her infuriating cliffhangers leave a major sting behind. Why, oh why, does Miss Hancock torture me so??


1 comment:

  1. Hehe, thank you for the review :) You're awesome!
    Can't wait for you to read Dark Secrets ;)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete