Friday 15 June 2012

Feature & Follow Friday #7


Hi peeps…

If you are new to the #FF fun, Feature & Follow is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow is hosted by Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read.

Ok, so here’s how it works… Leave a comment on this post so that I can follow you back. For more details regarding Feature and Follow have a look at the following websites -
Parajunkee
Alison Can Read


Make sure to follow back if someone follows you! Let’s start spreading some blogger love… 


Q: Happy Father's Day! Who is your favourite dad character in a book and why?


The only dad figures that popped into my head that really stood out for me is Charlie and Carlisle from the Twilight Series. I have yet to read a book that features a dad figure that really stands out. Charlie doesn't know too much about what Bella is caught up in but he still accepts it - my dad would freak out and lock me in a room I think lool. Carlisle because he is so damn reasonable about everything, looks at all sides of a situation before deciding what to do, he is majorly supportive of his 'adoptive' children :) 


To answer this question I have an unusual pick of books I am going to choose my 'dad figure' from. I pick the Nate Rocks Series by Karen Pokraz Toz for my father figure in books. Nate's dad is quite cool as he supports everything the kids do. But, he is also quirky as he has a horrible sense of humour which can embarrass Nate, and has the habit of boring the kids by repeatedly telling them about his childhood stories. This made me think about my dad as he is always doing the exact same things!


39 comments:

  1. Charlie and Carlisle are great picks (seen a lot today). Not familiar with the Nate Rocks series. Old follower stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot. Charlie is a popular answer. I picked him too.

    Happy FF

    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Good to see you here again :) :)

      Delete
  3. Great answers. Love the Twilight dads. I mentioned them as well. :-)
    I don't know the Nate Rocks books, but I love seeing good, involved dads in books for kids.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following you back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liesel, I've followed back

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting me! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, yes, I think most dads would freak out if the things that happened to Bella happened to any of us :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/06/follow-friday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup yup haha :) I'm an old follower of yours!

      Delete
  7. Heh, I also mentioned Charlie :3

    Here is my FF
    Lauren from Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie has been famous in this FF post :) I've followed you back!

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping by, hon - delighted to return the visit (already a follower). I have to admit, I've never read any of the Twilight books, but the dads seem to have come up a few times today, so they must be pretty decent guys. :)

    Sally @ Bending the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, the Twilight books actually got me to start reading. After I finished them I just had to get my hands on similar vampy books and from there I've just been devouring books lol :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Charlie is a popular pick! And a good one! My nephew loves (or loved, he may have grown out of them) the Nate books, but I haven't read them yet.

    Thanks for stopping by! Following back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is :) Charlie is basically the only good father figure in all the books I've read lol. I haven't read the Nate books either :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. The dads in Twilight are great choices. I haven't read Nate Rocks. I'll have to check those books out.

    New follower. Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, thanks for stopping by! I've returned the favour :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks for stopping by - new GFC follower.

    I'm definitely not a Twilight fan (I like my vampires creepy and evil) so I'll have to take your word for it on the fathers. :)

    Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bob, thanks for stopping by! The first books I read was the Twilight series, but since then my tastes have changed... I love me some creepy vamps :)

      Delete
  12. Hi! New Linky Follower hopping on through.

    I had a really hard time picturing a good literary dad and I ended up with Charlie too! I didn't even thinking about Carlisle but he's a good choice too.

    Here's my FF if you'd like to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by :) Charlie is the best dad I could think of lol :) I've returned the favour!

      Delete
  13. Charlie and Carlisle seem to be a pretty popular choice next to the dads of Harry Potter books.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hopping through. I love Charlie, but Carlisle intrigues me much more. I respect him.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, too true! Carlisle is way more intuitive :)

      Delete
  15. Charlie is a good father but he doesn't seem to be paying too much attention to what Bella gets up to. Carlisle is much better at this.

    Here's my Friday Hop. Stop by if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree :) thanks for stopping by! I've followed you back!

      Delete
  16. I also like Charlie and who wouldn't want Carlisle for a dad. He is wise and kind.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe I forgot about Charlie!! He really is a great Dad :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my blog..have a great weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choices, I agree! I am a new follower, hopping through! Here is my FF Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! Thanks for stopping by :) I've followed you back!

      Delete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite dad character would have to be...Kyrian from Sherrilyn Kenyon" Dark-Hunter series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I've heard so much about the Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon - is it any good?

      Delete
  21. Following back! Super excited to check out your site, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete